|3M™ PTFE Film Tape 5490 uses an extruded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film backing. This tape offers an extremely low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive, creates a smooth, non-stick surface over a variety of substrates to assist in the movement of materials in many types of lay-flat applications.
|- Excellent chemical resistance enables tape to withstand challenging applications
- Extruded 3M™ PTFE Film Tape lies flatter than typical skived PTFE film tapes
- High strength and abrasion resistance ensures reliability and performance to reduce friction, rattle and machinery noise
- Non-stick PTFE film provides an exceptionally slick surface for easy clean-up
- Silicone adhesive provides clean removal from a variety of surfaces
- Wide temperature range for performance on heated machinery and equipment