|Formed from a light brown woven glass cloth backing impregnated with PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), 3M™ General Purpose PTFE Glass Cloth Tape 5153 provides a slick surface on process machinery. This tape offers an extremely low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive, creates a non-stick surface that performs at elevated temperatures.
|- Excellent chemical resistance enables tape to withstand challenging applications
- Glass cloth reinforced backing provides greater tensile strength and resistance to tears and punctures than typical PTFE film backed tapes
- Performs under a wide range of temperatures, including up to 500°F/260°C
- Provides a non-stick, low friction surface on heat sealing and packaging equipment
- Silicone adhesive offers high temperature performance and long aging
- Thicker backing helps extend the service life over thinner versions when subjected to abrasion and wear
- Very low moisture absorption allows the tape to perform in many humid environments